Merry Maids of Scarborough
416-266-1060
Merry Maids of Scarborough BLog
Merry Maids does more than cleaning… we write too!

Merry Maids of Scarborough

Benefits of Using Disinfectants in My Home

Benefits of Using Disinfectants in My Home

March-02-2015

Killing germs and reducing microbial contamination in kitchens and bathrooms is a concern for most conscientious home owners today. To achieve this, most of us resort to using some form of commercially available disinfectant. So what is a disinfectant? Disinfectants are antimicrobial agents capable of destroying living organisms that exist on most environmental surfaces.

Read More
Vacuuming-The First Step in Carpet Care

Vacuuming-The First Step in Carpet Care

February-27-2015

History teaches us that regular and thorough vacuuming remains the single most important step you can take to maintain the appearance and serviceability of your home’s carpets. Studies have shown that 85% of the contaminants tracked onto our carpets are considered dry, while the remaining 15% are classified as wet or oily.

Read More
Do I need a fire escape plan?

Do I need a fire escape plan?

February-09-2015

Simply put, yes. Every family should have one. Consider this, if a fire unexpectedly broke out in your home tonight would everyone in your family get out safely? We don’t mean to scare you but residential fires are much more common than most people think. Canadian firefighters respond to more than 50,000 home fires each

Read More